my car has been in the shop for 3 months

You didnt have a car that worked. When I try to find out the status of the car they refuse to give me a delivery date.


Ford Orion 1 6 This Isn T My Car But I Had One Which I Hated It Was Metalic Burgandy A Truely Hateful Car Infact The Car Hated M Maquinista Coches Motos

The car needed a dyno tuning during that the engine blew so it got sent to a machine shop who rebuilt the motor.

. I cannot believe how they continue discovering hidden dmg like 3 or 4 times or they just want to stall or earn profit from it. The dealership might take longer to fix a certain issue with your car. Every once in a while I get that odd part that takes a couple weeks for this company to get it then send it to the local place Im dealing with another week or 2 later.

October 19th 2010 at 1149 am. Its been there for 4 months and 2 days. Also if the car is a special model or a rare model parts delivery times could be excessive.

If youre unhappy with the amount of time the garage is taking to repair your car then you should firstly raise your concern with the garage directly ideally by submitting a formal complaint to the business in line with their complaints procedure. Dropped car at dealer 0913. I recently purchased a used car with an agreement that I would leave the car at the dealership the dealer would repair a couple of items and I could pick up the vehicle in two days.

Otherwise they may owe compensation. The vehicle was in the shop for over 30 days fixing your car. You may have to pay for work that he has performed if it provided a benefit to the car even if he hasnt fixed the entire problem.

April 6 2021. A manufacturer dealership has legal duty to repair or replace the car within a reasonable number of visits or days. The first reason was waiting for a feont bumper.

If you do chooses to sue in Court make sure that you have al lthe necessary proof like the estimate and the. They are not answering my calls or giving me any information. Thats why i want to get the deadline in paper from them.

In General a dealership has my car for a month may be liable for a lemon law case and owe compensation to the consumer under most situations. The repair was schedule to be complete by 1123. Answer 1 of 9.

The body shop has asked insurance money twice for that. I bought a used jeep about a month ago with 50k miles on it. Customers hope their mechanic is reliable trustworthy.

My car has been in the shop for 3 weeks. My car has been in the shop since 10252016. Check All Exterior Lights.

Even just 1 month or even maybe less can possibly qualify at our law firm. Can I demand my car back without paying for the work done since the problem was never fixed. You had a car with a Check Engine light that came on which signifies some problem.

Do I have any options. Yes they still have my car. They gave me rental 0914- have not heard a word since 2009 kia sedona purchased 122009 new 2 LemonLaw says.

Posted by 7 years ago. If your car has been in shop for 2 months you may have a potential legal case. I then moved to a new city 7 hours away.

There is no fee unless we in. Especially in the case of an appointment where you wait an auto shop will prioritize your car. Auto repair is one of the realities of car ownership.

There certainly are horror stories out there of cars taking months to complete the repairs but a safe bet for a lengthy repair would be no more than one month. And some of the parts they had trouble finding I had my car for about 4 days when the same systems happened. A Dodge dealer shouldnt have trouble finding.

My car has been there for over 3 months. Before starting your car after it has sat idle for a long time be sure to check your engine oil level. There shouldnt be a problem if the shop tells you to sit-in or come back later in the day.

I want to get back my car asap cuz i dont know if there will be another extra 2 weeks from body shop. A car dealership makes 0 money from a car that is stuck so to say in their service department. Do I Have A Lemon 1 Anthony Brown says.

Answer 1 of 16. Not knowing the year make or model of the car I. You can also consider suing the shop for the money and the car in small claims court but I would wait to see what help you get from the AGs office.

If youre not satisfied with the final response of the business or more than eight weeks. The dealership tried to repair your car twice over a warranty issue that could have resulted in a serious injury or death. He tells me each week next week He said today he will get to it he has another motor before mine I dont find this acceptable.

So my car has been in the body shop for going on 2 months. Are you able to see the correspondence from the initial person I wrote to. The easiest way to do this is to grab a friend or family member so one person can activate the.

It is back at the dyno place and the motor is still not in or tuned. Dear Consumer Ed. You have the right to take your car back from the mechanic at any time.

A viewer calls NBC 5 Responds when her mechanic kept her car for more than two months. 117 Responses to My Car Has Been In The Shop For A Month. There is indeed a problem somewhere.

My question is this I bought a car last October 2012 and unfortunately my car was malfunctioning and had some mechanical problems the seller did not mention. Not much more than the car is worth but Im really not in a position to buy a car so I went for it They had my car in the shop for about 2 and a half weeks to replace all those parts because these parts were at the dealers. My car has been under repair for three months but the shop has been unsuccessful in fixing the problem.

My insurance company doesnt understand why the shop keeps stating reasons for the delay. Whenever wed question the length of time my car has been there theyd state that they have several cars that have been there for over 3 months and that its normal. Check that your headlights fog lights high-beam lights brake lights reverse lights and indicators are all working before you head out on the road.

Minor fixes shouldnt take more than a day. Ask to speak with someone in the consumerfraud division and explain the situation. I also bought an extended warranty through the dealership.

And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this. Ive had cars in the shop for a month before but only because they couldnt find parts or were waiting for them to ship. Last contact was early April when he said itll be done within the week I already bought another car.

Once the front bumper was received the next excuse was waiting for a fender. The services have been paid for. Its been three weeks now and the dealer wont produce the car or refund my money.

The dealership attempted to fix an issue four times during the warranty period. Usually I can source parts fairly quickly either immediately or within a week. Thats if they take my call - half the time they say theyre on the phone with 3 people and.

August 15th 2011 at 426 pm. For a lot of the smaller repairs and fixes just a few hours is a reasonable time for car repairs. I did not find out about these problems until a month later on November 22.

You may be entitled to financial compensation reimbursement if your car has been in the repair shop for 2 months or other significant period of time. 3 weeks ago one of the brake calipers fell off and was dangling. What state are you in.

There is no legal time limit to how fast an auto body shop can take to repair your car and. Every time I call they give me a different excuse like theyre picking them out of a hat. You are paying a lot of money for your vehicle.

Now just want to be able to sell the old one. I would go straight to the owner or dealer principle and request a sit down with him or her.


I Got Rear Ended Which In Turn Pushed Me Into Car In Front Just Got My Car Back After 3 Months In Body Shop What Do You Thi The Body Shop


1


3


1


Pin On Car Workshop Dubai


Car Care Software Car Maintenance Car Care Car Care Tips


1


Pin On Cars

0 comments

Post a Comment